Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stamping!

Good morning! I got another fun package in the mail yesterday... my first stamping set! It came with a mini stamper, scraper, 5 different image plates. It was only $8.95 from Amazon. I figured this was a decent way to try out the stamping everyone's been talking about.


I didn't have enough time to completely redo my nails last night to make them more stampable, but I had to try my new toy anyway. I have to say, it was definitely easier than I expected, although it took me a while to find a color that would show up on my green nails. Oh well, that's what I get for being lazy and impatient! I ended up using OPI for Sephora What's a Tire Jack? which worked pretty well. It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but the design is there.


The plates definitely worked really well, however there were no instructions included. However, a quick search of google/redditlaquarists turned up plenty of info and advice. As of now, I really like the mini-stamper which I have heard others complain about, but I have very small hands. The plastic scraper has some downsides though. I had to really clean it off in between each stamp attempt and even then it didn't leave a completely clean scrape. I can also see it getting nicks in it easily and causing messy designs. I'll probably upgrade to one of the metal scrapers. 

Tomorrow, I will hopefully have time to completely redo my manicure and give stamping a real try. However, as of my first attempt, I am a big fan and am already looking for more image plates to ad to my collection!

3 comments:

  1. I got your comment-thank you! I do my stamping first-then freehand the funky french on top-some advice for you-don't use the metal scraper-it'll scratch your plate-use an old credit card. It just takes time and practice to get the hang of it! Make sure you check out my BFFs blog-spellbinding nails-she does great stamping-

    PS you may want to disable your word verification-a lot of bloggers don't like to leave comments if it is there plus-my old eyes cant see the letters! Let me know if I can help anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-I don't see a widget for Google friend connect so I can follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the credit card tip! I would never have thought of that, even though I already use some for other make-up purposes. I will definitely have to try that and the french method.

    I'm new to the whole blogging thing, so I'm unsure of what you mean by the google widget. It's definitely something I would want to add.

    ReplyDelete