Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Stamping first try

Last night I tried stamping for real. It's definitely the easiest way to get designs on your nails, that's for sure. However, I still have some kinks to work out as you can see in the pictures. 


As you can see, not all of the design came out cleanly. Some nails are missing parts of the design, while others have extra dots of nail polish from the stamper. 


I discovered that cleaning the scraper and stamp off in between each nail provides the best stamp. The built up nail polish on the scraper creates a bumpy surface which causes imperfections in the design. Also, using a thicker nail polish would help the stamped image be more opaque. However, I kind of like the translucent design.


I used 3 layers Del Sol Electrick! as the base and Sally Hansen Adoring Amethyst for the stamp. It's not very visible here, but I added two top coats of Nfu Oh #39 to create a soft focus look, and hide some of my imperfect stamping.


Here's what it looks like in the sun.  Del Sol Electrick! doesn't exactly have the most drastic color change but it it does turn mint green.


Final verdict: While stamping takes some practice, it's an easy (and pretty quick) way to add designs to your nails. Even as a very beginner, I had very little trouble getting acceptable results on my first attempt. With practice, my technique will get better and at least this is fun practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment