Monday, April 9, 2012

It's Like a Party for My Fingers!

Oh my gosh! It feels like my birthday! I got a couple of exciting packages today. The neon CG polishes I ordered came as well as the large set of stamping plates. I was super surprised to find my order from Pretty and Polished here as well!

From left to right: Pretty and Polished Chelsea Chelsea Bling Bling, Jawbreaker and Valentino, CG Purple Panic, Pink Voltage, and Turned Up Turquoise



From left to right: Pretty and Polished Chelsea Chelsea Bling Bling, Jawbreaker and Valentino 


From left to right: CG Purple Panic, Pink Voltage, and Turned Up Turquoise


25 new Shany image plates


Of course, I had to try some. I started with a base of Color Club Worth the Risque. I then attempted taping for the first time. Let's just say I have MUCH to learn! Haha. First, I forgot to stick the tape to my skin to remove some of the stickiness and ended up pulling off some of the base polish. Then, I pulled the tape off while the nail color was still tacky so I ended up pulling the neon color. Lessons learn, remove the stickiness and take the tape off asap. Colors from left to right are CG Purple Panic, Orly Hottie, CG Turned Up Turquoise, GC Pink Voltage, and CG Purple Panic.


Since I only had a semi-successful taping first attempt, I decided to mask the imperfections with glitter. Also, I just really wanted to try P&P Valentino.


And, it was a wonderful decision! Valentino is a clear gel polish with many different sized white and black hex glitter. I am so in love! It looks wonderful over both the holographic polish and the neon colors. As with other glitters, it worked best when left to sit upside down. That way I could get the best glitter coverage. The CG neon colors are actually matte. I was not expecting that, but it was a great surprise. You definitely need 2 coats for full coverage but they are so much fun. The combination of the holographic and neon polishes with Valentino on top makes it feel like I have a party on my fingers!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely combo! Thank you for sharing this with me.

    I adore neons. I had no idea these were matte! MUST GET now!

    ReplyDelete