Thursday, April 12, 2012

DIY Nail Decals

I've never been one to buy nail decals. I usually only like one or two decals out of the whole pack and the rest just sits on a shelf forever. Not to mention, they can be difficult to apply. Also, I'm not very good at free-handing nail art yet so that leaves me with few options. However, I have found 2 alternatives: stamping and making your own nail decals. I've already somewhat covered stamping, and will do so more in a future post when I get a little better at it. In the mean time, I found 2 tutorials for making your own nail decals that look surprisingly easy. Now  we can make out in in whatever designs we want!

The first tutorial is from Julep. It involves allowing several layers of nail polish to dry on a ziplock bag over night. The nail polish is then peeled off and cut into whatever design you like. This decal can be applied directly to the nail with top coat. See the full tutorial here: http://blog.julep.com/how-to-make-your-own-nail-decals

The Beauty Department offers a faster, and potentially easier option for DIY nail decals. For this method, you paint your nail polish onto a piece of scotch tape. Once dry, you can cut it in any shape you want and stick it directly to the nail. You can find the full tutorial here: http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/04/sticky-situation/

I will definitely be trying both these methods in the near future. In the mean time, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment