Thursday, May 3, 2012

First Attempt: Halftone Gradient

I tried a new manicure style last week and finally got around to posting it. I attempted a dot gradient with Nfu Oh 61 and Tarina Tarintino Empire. I started with a base of 61 and then tapped diagonally with Empire.  The tutorial I used was by Pixel's Polish and can be found here: http://pixelspolish.blogspot.com/2012/01/gradient-dot-tutorial.html

I used actual dotting tools, which can be purchased cheaply on Amazon. This is the set I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005E56EJC/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00. However, you can use a pin head. To make the pin head easier to use, just stick the pin into the eraser on a pencil. The only reason I didn't use this method is I didn't have any pins. Haha.






As you can see, this manicure is far from perfect and these pictures are just the ones done with my dominant hand. The nails on my right hand are very sad and not worth showing. I definitely need some more practice with the dotting tools. It definitely didn't help that this was my First time using the dotting tools as well. On the positive side, this design was a lot easier to achieve then I expected! 


No comments:

Post a Comment